Saturday, 10 March 2012

Shopping!

Here's a little look at some of the bargains I've found over the last week!

Top:
1 - Two new sewing patterns from Thriftstore UK! I've never worked with a pattern before to this will be a bit of a challenge. I think these worked out at about £1 each plus postage.
2 - A beautiful vintage cardigan. I'd found the exact copy of this in a charity before for £3.99 but it was lemon and I don't really wear much yellow. I found this one at todays Jumble Sale for 25p!
3 - A lace tissue box cover. I had no idea what this was, I just found a little bag of lacey looking things and for 20p I couldn't leave it behind!
4 - I found this on eBay for I think it was £5 plus postage. Peacocks has gone into administration recently so you can pick up lots of their old stock on eBay cheaply! I've always liked their clothes, they're reasonable quality for the money and they fit beautifully.

Middle:
1 - This was in the little bag of lace I mentioned above. It's a toilet roll holder but I doubt I'll use it for that. I'll probably hang it up in my wardrobe with my slippers in ^_^
2 - A gorgeous Principles handbag for 25p!
3 - A little maroon plastic tissue holder with a mirror in! I thought this would be nice to keep in my handbag because I'm always forgetting my hankies. I picked this up for 30p :)
4- A lovely 'silk' scarf! I have far too many of these but I just can't resist them, and for 20p it hardly broke the bank!

Bottom:
1 - A lovely pink, swallow print dress I found in Peacocks. The Cheltenham branch has closed but the Gloucester one is still open and all stock (except sale items) have 20% off so I managed to pick this up for £14.40. It was the last one left and in just my size, it was meant to be! 
2 - A little vintage pinny! I love wearing a pinny when I'm sewing, it stops little bits of cotton getting on my clothes and tights. I found this one for 20p and it's got such beautiful embroidery all over it, a ruffled edge and a little pocket.
3 - I stuck it lucky at the market the other day and found all of these beautiful fabric remnants for £4.50! I can't wait to get my sewing machine out again and start making things.
4 - I found this beautiful sheer blouse at the jumble sale for 25p! It's so gorgeous, with pearly buttons and a little lacey collar. I'm just worried it's a little too see through but I'm sure I'll find something to do with it.

I went to our local jumble sale today with my Mum. It was going really well, I was picking up loads of bargains, but then the hall got really busy and hot and I had one of my funny turns and Dad had to come and pick us up in the car. 
I think sometimes I try and push myself too hard to do things. Dr Ononye told my Mum he doesn't expect me to be 'better' until I'm 24, but I don't want to wait 5 years, I want to be doing 'normal' things now. It's just so frustrating, but I know I'll get there one day.

I also picked up a lovely dress and pair of shorts for my friend Vix, I really hope she likes them and they fit her, it's hard buying clothes for other people!

Love always,
Jemma Maeve x


No comments:

Post a Comment